NewsLocal NewsIn Your NeighborhoodLehigh Acres

Actions

Battery explosion leads to house fire in Lehigh Acres

Here's what crews are asking you to keep in mind when charging lithium-ion batteries in your home
LF.jpeg
LF2.jpeg
Posted at 4:19 PM, Mar 27, 2024

LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. — The Lehigh Acres Fire Department says a fire sparked at a home on 12 St. SW on Wednesday.

The department say the fire started after a lithium battery pack exploded while charging in the garage.

LF.jpeg

Thankfully, no one was injured.

However, the incident prompted a notice from Lehigh Fire to help keep you and your property safe.

LF2.jpeg

You can read it here.