LEE COUNTY, Fla. — A jury convicted Jesus Francisco Santana Perez for child sex trafficking.
Deputies say 52-year-old Jesus Francisco Santana Perez trafficked underage girls providing them with drugs and use of his car and cash.
He was found guilty on the following charges:
- Two counts of human trafficking
- Three counts of lewd battery on a child
- One count of use of a child in a sexual performance
- One count of delivery of drugs to a minor
- One count of delivery of alcohol to a minor.
During the four-day trial, the victims, their family members, and child trauma experts testified to the crimes Perez was charged with back in 2019.
Sentencing is scheduled for May 17, 2022.