Lee County Parks & Recreation announced that Dog Beach and Boca Grande Beach accesses have reopened to the public Wednesday.
These locations are open 7 days a week, from dawn to dusk.
Residents and visitors are advised:
• Beaches and beach parks have not been restored to pre-Hurricane Ian conditions.
• Some amenities such as restroom facilities, piers, and walkovers have not been repaired or replaced.
• Debris continues to wash onshore and may quickly be obscured by sand.
• Beach shoes should be worn at all times.
• Debris can still be found in near-shore areas, such as dunes or mangrove-lined coastlines.
• Closure signs are posted where necessary.
For more information on additional openings and available amenities, visit www.leeparks.org.
In this area and along the coast, high levels of Red Tide impact the beaches.
According to Florida Fish and Wildlife (FWC), almost all of our area is currently covered in either medium or high levels of red tide.
Even with these beaches reopening, be aware of the presence of red tide in these areas all along the coast.