NewsLocal NewsLee County

Actions

Brush fire caused by overheated lawnmower

Toasted Lawn Mower.jpg
Posted at 3:58 PM, Aug 06, 2022

LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. — No one is injured after an overheated lawnmower caused a brushfire in Lehigh Acres on Saturday.

The Lehigh Acres Fire Control and Rescue District responded to Wildcat Road at about 1:00 p.m.

About one acre was involved after the fire was ignited by sparks from an overheating lawn mower.

Fire 1.jpg

The Lehigh Acres Fire Control and Rescue District announced via Twitter at around 3:45 p.m. that the fire is out.

Fire 2.jpg