We all know pets are not a fan of 4th of July for one reason only, fireworks!
Many pets get terrified when they hear the loud boom noise. It causes them to panic so oftentimes they hide or run away.
Experts say the noise is overwhelming that they will almost do anything to escape it.
However, there are ways to calm your pet.
- Keep your pet inside during fireworks.
- Make a fort where they have a place to hide.
- Use an anxiety wrap or thunder vest to put them at ease.
- You can also talk to your veterinarian about medication for your pet.
- Vets can prescribe doggie Xanax or you can use over the country Benadryl.
Make sure your pets have a collar on with important information like your phone number.
It is also a good idea to have your pet microchipped.
If they do run away, your pets can be returned back to you.