FORT MYERS, Fla. — The Rocket Mortgage Fort Myers Tip-Off starts on Thanksgiving Day in Fort Myers.
For the third year, the two-day event will feature two of college basketball's highest ranked programs to jump start the new season.
On Thursday, Gonzaga University will face Kansas at Suncoast Credit Union Arena on the campus of Florida SouthWestern State College.
Gonzaga is ranked No. 1 by the Associated Press, while Kansas is ranked No .6 in the preseason AP poll.
Following the opening game which airs on FOX at 1:30 p.m. ET, Auburn will take on Saint Joseph's at 4:30 p.m.
On Friday, Auburn will face Gonzaga at 11 a.m., with Kansas squaring off with Saint Joseph’s at 2 p.m.
All games will be televised by FOX Sports. Play-by-play announcer Adam Amin and lead college basketball analyst Bill Raftery will call all four games.
Due to social distancing guidelines, a limited number of tickets have sold out, and tickets will not be available for purchase.
Those in attendance will be required to wear a mask at all times while attending the event.
Organizers say they're working to keep everyone safe.
Three non-student athletes are in isolation, after one person tested positive on Wednesday for COVID-19.
Broadcast Schedule (All times ET)
Thursday, Nov. 26 (Thanksgiving Day)
- Gonzaga vs. Kansas, 1:30 p.m., FOX
- Auburn vs. Saint Joseph’s, 4:30 p.m., FS1
- Auburn vs. Gonzaga, 11 a.m., FOX
- Kansas vs. Saint Joseph’s, 2 p.m., FS1
Gonzaga vs. Kansas
- Series Record: Kansas leads, 1-0
- Last Matchup: November 13, 1998: Kansas 80, Gonzaga 66
- Notable: The 1998-99 season marked the first of 21 straight years the Bulldogs would advance to the NCAA Tournament, the fourth longest active streak in the nation. Kansas, with 30 straight NCAA Tournament appearances, holds the longest active streak in the country.
Auburn vs. Saint Joseph’s
- Series Record: Auburn leads, 2-0
- Last Matchup: March 21, 2003: Auburn 65, Saint Joseph’s 63 (OT)
- Notable: Each of the two Auburn wins in the series was decided by two points; including the most recent matchup – a first-round NCAA Tournament game that was played in Tampa.
Gonzaga vs. Auburn
- Series Record: First all-time meeting
- Notable: Bruce Pearl and Mark Few have squared off three times previously, all when Pearl was at Tennessee. Few owns a 2-1 all-time record against Pearl:
- Dec. 29, 2007: Tennessee 82, Gonzaga 72
- Nov. 30, 2008: Gonzaga 83, Tennessee 74
- Jan. 7, 2009: Gonzaga 89, Tennessee 79
Kansas vs. Saint Joseph's
- Series Record: Kansas leads, 5-2
- Last matchup: Dec. 6, 2005: Saint Joseph’s 70, Kansas 67
- Notable: Saint Joseph’s has won both neutral site matchups in the seven-game history between the programs (67-65 on Dec. 29, 1958 in Manhattan, Kan.; 70-67 on Dec. 6, 2005 in New York City).
You can keep up with the event here: @FtMyersTipoff [link.mediaoutreach.meltwater.com], or visit www.fortmyerstipoff.com [link.mediaoutreach.meltwater.com].