COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. — The office of Collier County Clerk Crystal K. Kinzel is holding an "Operation Green Light" event this month.
The one-day event will give drivers who have lost their license due to unpaid fine an opportunity to pay those fines without having to pay any collection fees.
Once the fines are paid, the clerk's office said those who meet all eligibility requirements will be able to get their license back.
“This is a great opportunity to pay your overdue bill, save some money, and get back on the road – legally. If you’re experiencing financial hardship and can’t pay the full amount at one time, please talk to us about the flexible payment plans that we have available," Clerk Kinzel said.
The office says you won't be able to get your license back if your license has been suspended or revoked due to the following:
- Failure to fulfill a court-ordered child support obligation;
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI);
- Failure to complete a required driver training program, driver improvement course, or alcohol or substance abuse education or evaluation program;
- A traffic-related felony; or
- Being a habitual traffic offender as defined in Florida Statute 322.264.
The event will take place Friday, February 26 from 9-6 p.m.