CHARLOTTE CO., Fla. — As many continue to pick up the pieces after Hurricane Ian, many communities throughout Southwest Florida are now the sites of recovery centers.
The State of Florida and FEMA have opened two additional disaster recovery centers in Charlotte and Collier Counties.
Charlotte County have opened a site at the Home Depot off McCall Road in Englewood. These centers are providing survivors with information from Florida State agencies to help apply for federal assistance and disaster loans.
They can also update applications and learn about other resources available.
All centers are open from 9 to 6, seven days a week.
There are other centers open throughout Southwest Florida, including:
- Lakes Regional Library, 15290 Bass Road, Fort Myers, FL 33919
- A LeeTran shuttle will run from the Kelly Road Soccer Complex, 10750 Kelly Road to the center. The shuttle is free and will run continuously, beginning at 8 a.m. daily.
- Fort Myers DMS Building, 2295 Victoria Ave., Fort Myers, FL 33901
- Veterans Community Park, 1895 Veterans Park Drive, Naples, 34109
- Shannon Staub Public Library, 4675 Career Lane, North Port, FL 34289
You do not have to visit a center to apply.