CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. — Charlotte County Emergency Management has issued evacuation orders to everyone living in mobile or manufactured homes, regardless of which evacuation zone you live in. Everyone living in Zone A — the red zone — and Zone B — the orange zone — have been ordered to leave.
Charlotte residents can find their evacuation zonehere.
Five shelters are open in Charlotte County tonight:
- Liberty Elementary, 370 Atwater St., Port Charlotte
- Neil Armstrong Elementary, 22100 Breezeswept Ave., Port Charlotte
- Kingsway Elementary, 23300 Quasar Blvd., Port Charlotte
- Harold Avenue Rec Center, 23400 Harold Ave., Port Charlotte
- Babcock School Field House, 43301 Cypress Pkwy., Babcock Ranch
Charlotte County held a news conference earlier today to discuss preparations and answer questions. Emergency Management Director Patrick Fuller said the latest shift in Ian's path has increased flooding threats to the county.
The current forecast will have a life threatening impact on Charlotte County. No additional evacuations are expected at this time.
Charlotte County Fire EMS said at the conference they will cease operations as the storm passes over Southwest Florida. Once conditions are clear, crews will resume normal operations.
WATCH NOW: Charlotte County Hurricane Ian Update
Live Radar until the event starts.