The products and services mentioned below were selected independent of sales and advertising. However, Don't Waste Your Money may receive a small commission from the purchase of any products or services through an affiliate link to the retailer's website.
Amazon Prime Day began in 2015 as an annual birthday celebration for the company. In the years since, shoppers have take advantage of massive site-wide deals, which typically include sales from national brands and small businesses across every category.
Deals you can expect to find include everything from Amazon products like Ring security cameras and Kindles, to deep discounts on electronics, kitchen items and more.
Here’s what you need to know about Amazon Prime Day 2022, including when you should expect to see the sales to begin and the types of deals you’ll find.
When Is Amazon Prime Day 2022?
In previous years, it has taken place in the middle of July, as Amazon’s birthday is July 15. Amazon just announced it will take place July 12-13 this year.
How Do You Shop On Amazon Prime Day?
Like the name suggests, shoppers have to be members of the Amazon Prime service. If you’re not already a member, you can sign up and start shopping discounted items the same day.
If you’re not sure you want to sign on for the $14.99 per month ($179 per year) cost of Prime, Amazon offers a 30-day free trial. The retailer also offers discounted plans for students ($7.49/month) and for qualified recipients of government assistance ($6.99/month).
Membership to Amazon Prime comes with free two-day shipping, streaming of movies and TV shows on Prime Video, discounts at Whole Foods and lots of other benefits.
What Prime Day Deals Can Can We Expect For 2022?
Amazon Prime Day traditionally features discounts on at least 2 million products ranging from tech gadgets, hardware, kitchen supplies and more. Here are some of the top deals expected for 2022:
- Amazon products such as Kindles, Echo speakers, Fire sticks and tablets are good bets for discounts.
- You can also expect Amazon to drop prices on TVs, video games and video game consoles.
- This 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service was a best seller during Prime Day 2021, so you’ll likely be able to get it or another DNA testing kit on sale.
- If you’re already thinking about back-to-school shopping, you may also be able to snag good laptop deals — including deals on MacBooks.
- Instant Pots are almost always on sale and almost always a top-seller. It would be reasonable to guess that there might be similar deals on pressure cookers this year.
- Robotic vacuums are always a hit, so you’ll want to keep an eye on those to see which ones will be on sale.
- The popular Ring security cameras and alarm systems are also usually included in Prime Day deals.
- Select skin care, beauty products and fragrances will likely be discounted on Amazon Prime Day, and you’ll want to keep your eyes peeled for discounts on hair dryers, flat irons and makeup brushes.
How To Prepare For Amazon Prime Day
If you’re planning to do a little retail therapy for Amazon Prime Day, make sure you have the free Amazon app downloaded from the App Store or Google Play, so you can grab a deal on the go.
If you’re not already an annual member of Amazon Prime, you can sign up by visiting their website.
This story originally appeared on Don't Waste Your Money. Checkout Don't Waste Your Money for product reviews and other great ideas to save and make money.