Lee County, Fla. -- Several distribution points are opening in Lee County for people who are affected by Hurricane Irma. National Guard members will be providing water and meals.
These locations are open from 9 am-4 pm Friday.
- Villas Elementary, 8385 Beacon Blvd., Fort Myers
- Flea Masters Flea Market, 4135 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr Blvd, Fort Myers
- Lehigh Acres Fire Station 1, 1000 Joel Blvd., Lehigh Acres
- Veterans Park Rec Center, 55 Homestead Road S., Fort Myers
- The Skatium, 2250 Broadway, Fort Myers. (From 6 pm to 8 pm )
They also plan to open more sites in the coming days around the county.
New Life Assembly of God will be delivering food and water to people who cannot move from their homes because of flooding. The National Guard is also working to provide food and water to people in Lehigh and Fort Myers who can't make it to those sites.
Salvation Army will be distributing food at two sites:
2980 Edison Ave. - Dr. Ann Murphy Knight S.T.A.R.S. Complex
587 Nuna Ave. - FEA Ministries
901 Gunnery Rd N.
The American Red Cross will be distributing food at two sites as well:
3300 Marion St. - Shady Oaks Park
Other Fort Myers food/water distribution:
- Dr. Ann Murphy Knight S.T.A.R.S. Complex, 2980 Edison Ave. Fort Myers--Ice also available
- FEA Ministries, 597 Nuna Ave., Fort Myers
- Next Level Church--12400 Plantation Road, Fort Myers
- Living Waters Church--22100 S. Tamiami Trail, Fort Myers
- Lehigh Acres Town Center, 25 Homestead Road N., Lehigh Acres 10:30 am-12:00 pm Friday
- Trackside Donuts & Cafe, 28001 Old 41 Road, Bonita Springs--3:30 pm-5:00 pm Friday
- Iglesia Cristiana Misionera, 1311 Edward Ave., Lehigh Acres
- First Assembly of God Cornerstone Ministries, 3220 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Fort Myers
New Hope Baptist Fellowship Church will be distributing hot meals on Friday.
- 431 Nicholas Parkway, Cape Coral FL 33991
Harry Chapin Food Bank will be distributing food and water on Friday.
- Cape Coral Assembly of God, 717 Skyline Blvd., Cape Coral
Mariner Middle Shool and Northwest Regional Library will be distributing free potable water only:
- Mariner Middle School (425 Chiquita Blvd. S.) - Supplies for city residents only.
- Northwest Regional Library (519 Chiquita Blvd. N.) - Supplies for all Lee residents
The hours of operation are 4:30 pm until 8:00 pm today; and 8:00 am until 8:00 pm Thursday through Sunday.
The potable water can be use for drinking, cooking and bathing purposes and may be useful for flushing toilets in homes on a well and/or septic system that does not have power. Proof of Lee County residency is required. Residents are limited to 10 gallons of water per day per vehicle and must bring their own containers. Containers will not be provided.
Living Waters Church will be distributing free food, water and supplies; and hot meals. They are also sending volunteers out to deliver supplies to those who are stranded and cannot make it to Estero.
- 22100 S. Tamiami Trail, Estero FL 33928
- Estero High School, 21900 River Ranch Road
- Naples-Fort Myers Greyhound Track in Bonita Springs, 10601 Bonita Beach Road SE--Meals Ready to Eat and water available from 9am-4 pm
- Our Lady of Miracle Church, 12175 Stringfellow Road--Meals Ready to Eat and water available from 9am-4 pm
North Fort Myers
- Prairie Pines Preserve, 18400 N. Tamiami Trail--Meals Ready to Eat and water available from 9am-4 pm