LEE COUNTY, Fla. — The Lee County Board of County Commissioners has approved the next round of LeeCARES programs to assist individuals, families, and businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Board approved plans to:
- Launch Round 2 of LeeCares Assistance for individuals and families, providing for broader eligibility and increased award amounts of $3,000 per household. Grant recipients from earlier rounds of assistance are also eligible for Round 2 funding. Round 1 closes to applications on Aug. 7, and Round 2 opens Aug. 17.
- Enhance the Business Rehire program by increasing grant sizes by up to $8,000 awarded to each full-time equivalent rehire according to wages paid.
- Double the maximum scholarship amount allowed for each child that qualifies for childcare expenses to $2,500 to extend the program through the remainder of the calendar year 2020.
- Distribute Personal Protective Equipment to county residents in partnership with the municipalities.
- Enhance CARES Act funding by $1.8 million for the existing Rapid Re-housing Program currently administered by Lee County’s Department of Human & Veteran Services; this includes adding additional partnering agencies to increase program capacity.
Application instructions also are available in Spanish by calling 239-533-2273 (or 239-LEE-CARES); applicants without internet access can also call the number. The hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays. Please note, county offices are closed Friday, July 3, for Independence Day weekend.