FORT MYERS, Fla. —
The City of Fort Myers says they have funds available through the State of Florida’s Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) to help individuals and families needing rent and utility assistance due to the impacts of COVID-19 8:00 a.m. on September 1, 2020.
- Applicant must reside in the City of Fort Myers municipal boundaries before the date of application.
- The applicant must demonstrate a loss of income unexpected financial crisis due to COVID-19.
- If the applicant has household income less than 120 percent of the median income for Lee County and has documented job loss or reduced hours. Income is less, specifically due to COVID-19, they are presumed to be eligible.
- Assistance is limited to one-time per household, and assistance cannot exceed $2,250.
- Payments will be made directly to the landlord and/or utility company.
- Annual household income at the time of application must be below the income limit. Income limits vary by household size.
The Housing and Real Estate Division staff will enter information for individuals that do not have access to computers.
Please call 239-321-7970 for help with the application process.
The income guidelines are based on the number of people in the household. Annual household income must be less than 120 percent of the median income for Lee County, FL. For a one-person household, the income level is $57,960; for two people it is $66,240; for three people it is $74,520; for four people it is $82,680; for five people it is $89,400; for six people it is $96,000; for seven people it is $102,600; and for a household of eight people it is $109,200.
For more information, please contact the Housing and Real Estate Division at 239-321-7970 or email TEA@cityftmyers.com.