COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. — The Collier County Public Schools’ Nutrition Services Department plans to implement some changes to its curbside meal distribution service.
Free breakfast and lunch meals will be provided twice per week (Tuesday and Friday) to ALL children 18 and under starting October 30, 2020.
Immokalee High School will remain open Monday through Friday at 7:30-8:30 am, with weekend meals being distributed on Fridays.
For children not currently attending school in person:
· All schools will have a curbside line.
· Children 18 and under may use ANY curbside line to receive breakfast and lunch.
· Children will receive meals Tuesday (for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday) and Friday (for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday).
Curbside serving times are also changing beginning Friday as follows:
· High Schools: 7:30 am to 8:00 am – Tuesday and Friday
· Elementary Schools: 8:30 am to 9:00 am – Tuesday and Friday
· Middle Schools: 9:30 am to 10:00 am – Tuesday and Friday
· Everglades City School: 9:30 am to 10:00 am – Tuesday and Friday
Parents and guardians may pick up meals without their child being present provided they have one of the documents below:
· A form of their child’s ID, such as a student ID badge,
· Birth certificate, passport, government-issued child ID card,
· Social security card or any document proving parent/guardian identity and relationship to the child.
Curbside meals will be offered on October 30, which is a Virtual Learning Day for students.