The "Hands Along the Water" event is this weekend. The protest is to hold hands in solidarity to defend water and wildlife. #HandsAlongTheWater
On Sunday, August 12 at 10 a.m. there will be a gathering to lock hands to show that the people do not, and will not, stand for the areas beautiful beaches, wildlife, homes and livelihoods to continuously be destroyed and impacted by the water released from Lake Okeechobee.
The gathering will be at 10:15 for 15 minutes all across the beaches of this beautiful state. At the end arms will be raised up to the sky, hand in hand, to show love for the wildlife, water, beaches, Mother Nature and one another.
To join us in the movement:
- Fort Myers Beach - https://www.facebook.com/events/423358528160549/
- Englewood - https://www.facebook.com/events/1874811519222011/
- Naples - https://www.facebook.com/events/196835864515962/
- Bonita Beach - https://www.facebook.com/events/929214413928587/
- Sanibel - https://www.facebook.com/events/582042355548051/
- Cape Coral - https://www.facebook.com/events/229999957840999/?ti=cl