LEE COUNTY, Fla. -- The School District of Lee County is building a new high school in Bonita Springs, and they want your input on a new name.
In general, the District is looking for names that refer to at least one of the following:
· The history, culture, and people of Florida and especially of Southwest Florida;
· The natural environment and native plants and animals of Florida and especially of Southwest Florida;
· Notable events or achievements that are associated with Florida and especially with Southwest Florida;
· The neighborhood, community, or physical location of the school;
· Founders, leaders, heroes, symbols, and fundamental principles of our nation.
Anyone with an idea is asked to submit it through a short survey that can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LMYGHXQ.
The deadline for submission is October 3, 2016.