Doctors say the solar eclipse glasses block out more light than any pair of regular sunglasses. With so many of them flying off the shelves many wonder if there is an alternative.
Here is how you can make your own solar eclipse glasses at home.
- Grab an empty cereal box, a marker and white paper
- Use the marker to outline the base of the box.
- Use a pair of scissors to cut around the live you've traced.
- That rectangle you're left with goes inside the bottom of the box creating a mini projection screen.
- Close the box top back up and draw an outline for your eye holes on each corners.
- Tape a piece of aluminum foil on the left eye opening
- Make a small incision with your scissors in the aluminum
You're done! When you look through the right side of the box with your back to the sun. A reflection of the eclipse will pay out on the paper inside the box.