CAPE CORAL, Fla. -- Parents are being notified of a possible bomb threat at two Cape Coral schools Wednesday Morning.
According to the Lee County Sheriff's Office, Skyline Elementary was evacuated at 7:30 a.m. in response to the threat, with police and fire units on scene.
The building was cleared and deemed safe at 8:03 a.m.
Sources with the school board say nearby Challenger Middle School was also evacuated but all students are safe and in the care of law enforcement and school employees.
Some parents say they'll be having an important conversation with their children tonight about the bomb threats this morning.
"You try not to put fear into them because they have to go to school," Denise Torres said. "I also feel children need to know what's going on."
Torres has a grandson that goes to Skyline Elementary, she tells Four In Your Corner she didn't know the school received a bomb threat until later in the day.
"With everything going on, when you say there's a threat and then I saw the police, I put two and two together and figured there was a bomb threat so left and went home."
The disruption took place before the first bell, other parents, like Candice Mitchell, says she wasn't told exactly what was going on until she received a robocall later in the day.
"i honestly thought it was weather related," Mitchell said, "The last thing in my mind would have been a bomb threat."
While many parents took their kids home for the day, police canvassed the area, eventually calling both threats a hoax.
The district has experienced a fair share of fake threats. According to our archives, we have reported on at least eight in the last year. That figure doesn't include the two threats from today.