More tenants at The Reef Student Living apartments say there is a growing problem at their complex: mold.
Gina Orazietti is digusted by the mold she's found growing in her apartment unit.
"My roommate had some on her sneakers, my other roommate had some under her desk, I have some under my nightstand," she said.
Orazietti has reason to be concerned - she has asthma.
"I have had colds," she said. "I've been to the doctors, they said it wasn't anything, and I'm still coughing. So I have reason to believe it is this mold."
According to the Centers for Disease Control, mold can cause a number of respiratory problems such as coughing and throat irritation.
Reef resident Gabriella Pullano said she had to go to the hospital last week because of a persistent sore throat, which she blames on the mold she and her roommates found in their apartment.
"I couldn't breathe, I was really weak," Pullano said. "I went to the doctor and they said I probably just had the flu, but now I'm not so sure."
When she posted about the mold on Facebook this week, she heard from other residents at The Reef who said that they're having similar problems.
Fox 4 reached out to Asset Plus, a Houston-based company that owns and operates The Reef, to see what they're going to do about the mold. A representative said by email that he would look into the matter.
While management at The Reef had a company install a dehumidifier in Pullano's apartment, Orazietti said she's still waiting to see what happens at her place.
"I wish they would come up and bring a good dehumidifier, and just know that we are coming to them because there is a problem," Orazietti said.