Local law enforcement know a lot of people go out to celebrate the new year and they want everyone to be safe and return home safely.
Please make sure you have a designated driver or get a taxi, Uber, or ride home if you have had too many drinks to drive home.
AAA is also offering their Tow-To-Go program from now through 6 a.m. on January 2nd. Their number is (855) 2-TOW-2-GO or (855) 286-9246.
The following guidelines apply:
- Confidential local ride to a safe location within 10 miles
- The AAA tow truck takes the vehicle and the driver home
- Tow trucks can usually transport up to two people. If there are more people in your party, you will need to make other arrangements to get them home safely
- Free and available to AAA members and non-members
- You can’t make an appointment to use Tow to Go. It is designed as a safety net for those that did not plan ahead
- Tow to Go may not be available in rural areas or during severe weather conditions
The service is available in Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, North Dakota, Nebraska, Tennessee, Wisconsin and parts of Indiana.
New Years is the deadliest holiday on U.S. roadways. In 2017, nearly 1,000 people were killed during the 3-day period - according to the latest figures from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. 31% of those deaths involved drunk drivers.