LEE COUNTY, Fla.-- The Drug Enforcement Administration is teaming up with Walmart to help with "National Take Back Day". The program helps facilitate the safe and responsible disposal of unused prescription and over the counter medicine.
"National Take Back Day" is on Saturday, October 26th, 2019 from 10 A.M. to 2 P.M. at multiple locations:
- WALMART SUPERSTORE - 5420 Juliet Blvd, Naples, FL 34109
- WALMART NEIGHBORHOOD MARKET - 5010 Airport-Pulling Rd, Naples, FL 34105
- WALMART SUPERSTORE - 6650 Collier Blvd, Naples, FL 34114
- CAPE CORAL POLICE DEPARTMENT - 1100 Cultural Park Blvd, Cape Coral, FL 33990
- PUNTA GORDA POLICE DEPARTMENT - 1410 Tamiami Trail, Punta Gorda, FL 33950
- NORTH PORT POLICE DEPARTMENT - 4980 City Hall Blvd, North Port, FL 34286
For more locations, click here.
The DEA will also accept vaping devices and cartridges at any of its drop off locations during "National Take Back Day". For more information on what is accepted,click here.
The government said the April 2019 "National Take Back Day" brought in 937,443 pounds of unused or expired prescription medication.