CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. -- Investigators located and arrested a Punta Gorda man Wednesday who they say was seen doing drugs on his social media accounts and selling drugs to undercover investigators.
According to the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office, the investigation started in December 2016 when 26-year-old John Andrews was viewed using illegal drugs on several social media accounts.
Undercover detectives later were able to purchase illegal drugs from Andrews, which were then tested in the lab before an arrest warrant was issued.
Andrews was located at the Pet Supermarket on Tamiami Trail on Wednesday and arrested and taken to Charlotte County Jail, where he remains in custody.
He faces the following charges:
- Sale and Delivery of Cocaine
- Sale and Delivery of Controlled Substance (2 Counts, Oxycodone/Hydrocodone)
- Sale and Delivery of Cannabis (2 Counts)
- Sale and Delivery Cannabis Resins
- Possession of Cocaine
- Possession of Controlled Substance (2 Counts, Oxycodone/Hydrocodone)
- Possession of Cannabis Resins
- Possession of Cannabis over 20 grams
- Possession of Cannabis less than 20 grams
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (4 Counts)