FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Lee County is building a new high school in the Gateway area, and now the school district wants to hear your name suggestions.
The school, temporarily named "East Zone High School MMM", is expected to open in the Fall of 2021. It will be located off of S.R. 82 and Griffin Drive.
The School District of Lee County says they're looking for names that refer to at least one of the following:
• The history, culture, and people of Florida and especially of Southwest Florida;
• The natural environment and native plants and animals of Florida and especially of Southwest Florida;
• Notable events or achievements that are associated with Florida and especially with Southwest Florida;
• The neighborhood, community, or physical location of the school;
• Founders, leaders, heroes, symbols, and fundamental principles of our nation.
Anyone with an idea is asked to submit it through a short survey that can be found at www.leeschools.net/mmm.
The deadline for submission is Sunday, September 15th.