FORT MYERS, Fla. — A man has been arrested following the death of a pregnant woman at Cypress Court Apartments.
Back on November 30, Fort Myers Police received a call from a man, later identified as Serge Lefevre, requesting an ambulance for a woman who reportedly had a seizure, was unconscious and not breathing, according to the Fort Myers Police Department.
The female was pronounced dead on scene and Lefevre and four other small children were escorted from the apartment. Police say a homicide investigation was immediately launched.
On February 5, police say detectives received a medical report which declared a cause of death for the woman was a homicide.
Police say Lefevre was arrested in Charlotte County on the following charges:
- Murder - Second Degree as defined in F.S.S. 782.04 (2)
- Partial-Birth Abortion as defined in F.S.S. 782.34 (two counts)
- Aggravated Battery with a Deadly Weapon as defined in F.S.S. 784.45 (2b)
- Aggravated Battery (Pregnant Victim) as defined in F.S.S. 784.045 (l)(b)
- Kidnapping as defined in F.S.S. 787.01
- False Imprisonment as defined in F.S.S. 787.02
Fort Myers Police says Marsy's Law, which provides specific rights to crime victims and their families, will be used in the case.