FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.-- Coast Guard members at the station on Fort Myers Beach, are not being paid during the partial government shutdown.
The Coast Guard is the only branch of the U.S. Military not receiving paychecks, because the Coast Guard funding comes from the Department of Homeland Security, instead of the Department of Defense. To help guardsmen and guardswoman at the duty station on Fort Myers Beach, BoatUS has teamed up with Sea Tow to take donations.
- Non- Perishable foods
- Baby items (formula, diapers, etc.)
- Gas Cards
- Laundry soap
- Grocery gift cards
- Visa gift cards
Donations will be collected:
- Sea Tow office - 3725 Del Prado Blvd S., Cape Coral
- Fort Myers Yacht Basin - 1300 Lee St, Fort Myers
- Remax Dream - 2285 First St, Fort Myers
- Sea Tow office - 4516 SE 16th Pl., Cape Coral