News

Actions

Lit cigarette likely cause of Fort Myers restaurant fire

Posted at 7:39 AM, Jun 14, 2017
and last updated 2017-06-14 07:39:55-04

FORT MYERS, Fla.- The owner of Fish & Vine restaurant in Fort Myers says a lit cigarette is likely the cause of a small kitchen fire.

The fire broke out early Wednesday morning. Fire crews say the fire was put out quickly.

The restaurant owner says someone left the lit cigarette in the trash. He adds there were no injuries and little, if any, damage done to the restaurant.