LEE COUNTY, Fla. — A Lee County Sheriff's Deputy found himself on the other side of the law after his K-9 was found sick in the back of his patrol vehicle.
Documents show Sergeant Jamie Thorpe found his K-9 Jager showing signs of carbon monoxide poisoning after leaving him in the vehicle for several hours.
Just two days prior, Sergeant Thorpe was notified there was a leak, and his vehicle needed to be repaired.
A work order shows Thorpe told the maintenance department he would do it when he could.
Thorpe was found guilty of neglect of duty and received two days suspension and six months of disciplinary probation.