FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Hundreds of job will be available at a large job fair in Fort Myers this month.
Career website JobNewsUSA.com is hosting the event, which is scheduled for 10am to 2pm Tuesday, September 10th at the Crowne Plaza in Fort Myers. That's located at 13051 Bell Tower Drive.
Numerous local employers will be interviewing and making offers at the event.
Parking and admission are free.
Veterans are encouraged to attend.
Visit jobnewsusa.com to pre-register or call 954-252-6640 for more information.
Companies scheduled to attend include:
Airport Terminal Services
Colonial Life Insurance
Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina
SouthPort Square - Brookdale Senior Living
Wounded Warrior Project
Swissport says they will be making offers to fill over 100 positions for Airline Passenger Service Agents, Ramp Agents and Aircraft Agents for Air Canada, Spirit Airlines, Eurowings, Sun Country Airlines and Swissport Uniforms.
How to GET HIRED:1. Visit
before the event and pre-register (you can also do this at the door). On the site you will be able to view the event directory so you can see who's hiring and what jobs are available.
2. Get a game plan and research companies of interest from the directory. Develop tailored resumes for the companies you want to apply with.
3. Have a clear career focus. Be prepared with an answer to one of the first questions each recruiter is going to ask you: “So, why are you here?”.
4. Sharpen and rehearse your elevator speech. Your elevator speech can be a great response to the typical interview question, “tell me about yourself”
5. Prepare and practice responses to typical interview questions. “Tell me what you know about our organization” and “Why do you want to work here?”
6. Sketch out a few questions to ask each recruiter.
7. Dress professionally! Clean-cut, well-fitting, conservative. Bring breath mints!
8. Make a good first and lasting impression! Wait patiently in line for your chance to chat with the recruiter and make sure you ask for their contact information before leaving.
9. Jot down notes as soon as you are done with the recruiter and include these notes in your thank you email that you will send when you get home.
10. Follow up!
11. Career Fairs should be viewed as 20+ interviews in one day!