SAN CARLOS PARK, Fla. — The San Carlos Park Fire Department was dispatched to a residence on Love Road.
Crews on scene observed smoke showing from the eaves of a 2-story home.
It was unknown if the home was occupied and due to that circumstance crews made forcible entry into the home and performed two complete searches.
No occupants, human or animal, were located during either search.
The fire was confined to the utility room while the entire house suffered smoke damage.
The owner of the home arrived while crews were on-scene and confirmed no one was home at the time of the fire.
The Fire Marshal determined the cause of the fire to be accidental.
The fire is believed to have started in the utility closet which contained the water heater, air handler, washer and dryer.
It appears the water heater lines were damaged by the fire and spilling water from those lines kept the fire from spreading.
The home is uninhabitable, three adults were displaced.