NewsLocal News

Actions

Grease causes kitchen fire and damage throughout home

House Fire
House Fire
House Fire
House Fire
House Fire
House fire
Posted at 9:01 AM, Jul 21, 2020
and last updated 2020-07-21 09:01:19-04

FORT MYERS, Fla. — The South Trail Protection and Rescue Service District responded to a residential structure fire.

The occupants evacuated and got the dog out before fire crews arrived.

There were substantial kitchen damage and smoke damage throughout the home.

Three adults and a dog are displaced and are being assisted by Red Cross.

Thankfully, no injuries to anyone at the home or firefighters.

The fire was caused by a pot of grease on the stove that got too hot.

The South Trail Protection and Recue Service District wants to remind the public never to put water on a grease fire, use a lid to smother the flames.