AAA is calling it "Terrible Tuesday!" That's because a record-breaking 46.9 million people will travel for the Fourth of July, and that means more people will be gassing up their cars.
Unfortunately. gas prices have gone up 50 cents compared to last year and they could go up a little more before the Wednesday holiday.
According to Gas Buddy, the average price for a gallon of gas in Florida is $2.87.
The cheapest gas in our area is in Charlotte County averaging at $2.66 a gallon.
Lee County is few cents higher.
Meanwhile, in Hendry County, you are looking at $2.90 and roughly $2.75 in Collier County.
Here is a list of where to get the cheapest gas stations in our area pricing out as $2.64:
- BJ's gas station at the intersection of Six Mile Cypress and Colonial Blvd. in Fort Myers
- BJ's on Pine Island Road and Pondella Road in Cape Coral
- Valero on Kismet Parkway near Del Prado Blvd. in the Cape
- Sunoco and Murphy Express on S. Tamiami Trail in Port Charlotte
- Racetrac on El Jobean Road near Toledo Blade Blvd
- 7-11 on Tamiami Trail near Highway 776
In Naples, you’re actually looking at only $2.56 at the Mobil gas station on Kings Highway near Veterans Blvd.
Compared to Memorial Day weekend, gas prices have actually gone down.