FORT MYERS, Fla. --- Circle K and Fort Myers schools partner together to kick off its annual, "Fueling Our School," campaign on Thursday.
The campaign invites local residents to purchase fuel at a specially marked fuel pump, with Circle K donating ten-cent of every gallon of fuel purchased to Fort Myers participating schools.
"Circle K is passionate about giving back to the neighborhoods where we work and live," said Jeff Burrell, Vice President of Global Fuels. "Through this unique fundraising program, we are helping to address critical needs and enabling educators to make a difference in the classroom and beyond."
Money raised will go towards addressing different areas of need for each school, such as technology, resources, teacher incentives and more.
More than 350 Circle K stores across North America participated in the fundraising campaign in 2017.
In the Fort Myers area, participating locations include:
- Circle K: 1603 Cape Coral Pkwy West, Cape Coral, FL
- Beneficiary school: Ida S Baker High School
- Circle K: 4395 Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte, FL
- Beneficiary school: Deep Creek Elementary School
- Circle K: 4025 Pine Ridge Rd, Naples, FL
- Beneficiary school: Golden Gate High School
- Circle K: 19373 S. Tamiami Trail, Fort Myers, FL
- Beneficiary school: San Carlos Elementary School
- Circle K: 6220 Marlympia Way, Punta Gorda, FL
To date, the Fueling Our Schools campaign has raised nearly $900,000 for local schools.
.@CircleKStores “Fueling Our Schools” events are underway in Florida to generate funds for education in the Sunshine State! Click here to find an event near you! https://t.co/lxKwq6tAnX pic.twitter.com/KpPNAJfdxv
— Florida Lottery (@floridalottery) April 19, 2018