FORT MYERS, Fla. — Florida SouthWestern State College (FSW) wants to help you file your taxes for free. They're teaming up with the United Way to offer free tax preparation services on Wednesday, Feb. 27. To be eligible you must make less than $66,000 a year. IRS-certified volunteers will be there to prepare the taxes.
You must make an appointment on their website or by calling 239.433-3900 ext. 211. They will only offer the free tax service on February 27 from 12:30- 4:00 pm in Building U, Room 102, at the FSW Thomas Edison Campus in Fort Myers, 8099 College Parkway.
Joint returns require both filers to be present. Participants will need to bring:
· Photo I.D
· Social security or individual taxpayer identification number and birthdates for everyone on return
· Previous year's federal and state returns
· All earning statements (W-2, W-2G, 1099s)
· Form 1095-B and/or 1095-C for proof of health insurance; Form 1095-A if health insurance purchased from the marketplace; or health insurance exemption
· Form 1098 for mortgage interest, property taxes, closing statements
· Voided check or routing and account numbers for direct deposit
· Student loan statement from your university/college (1098-T) and/or student loan interest statement (1098-E) if applicable
· Written totaled mileage records and totaled business income and expenses if self-employed
· Total paid and provider business' name, address and SSN/ITIN for childcare or dependent care expenses