NewsLocal News


Fire starts in Ford's Garage in Miromar Outlets

Posted at 8:16 AM, Jan 16, 2018
and last updated 2018-01-16 09:37:10-05

LEE COUNTY, Fla. -- An early morning fire caused a minor scare at Ford's Garage at Miromar Outlets.

The fire was caused by an electrical wire in rope lighting along a wall inside of the restaurant. According to the Estero Fire Department, the wire may have short-circuited. 

The fire was called in shortly 6:40 by a worker inside the restaurant located at 10801 Corkscrew Rd. Suite #519. Employees inside the store used a fire extinguisher to subdue the flames until firefighters arrived. 

Firefighters from Estero Fire, San Carlos Fire and South Trail fire districts responded to the blaze. 

No one inside the restaurant suffered injuries.