LEE COUNTY, Fla. -- An annual event honoring all branches of law enforcement in Lee County is planned to take place in September, and nominations for Officer of the Year have already been announced.
It's all part of the 5th annual 2018 Law & Order Ball, hosted by the Rotary Club of Fort Myers South on September 15th at Germain Arena.
The five officers have demonstrated exemplary conduct and achievements and had a significant impact on their agency and/or area of responsibility.
The 2018 Law & Order Ball Officer of the Year finalist are:
- Officer Emelia Lock, Fort Myers Police Department
- K-9 Officer Stephen Scrobe, Cape Coral Police Department
- Sergeant Sylvester Smalls, Lee County Sheriff’s Office
- Deputy Sheriff Michael Truscott, Lee County Sheriff’s Office
- Sergeant Domonic Zammitt, Fort Myers Police Department
The black-tie optional event features cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, dinner, awards, silent and live auctions, and entertainment.
Proceeds benefit the community through the Rotary Club of Fort Myers South Foundation and law enforcement youth programs.