News

Actions

Electrical worker shocked in Fort Myers store

WFTX-Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 12:38 PM, Oct 13, 2017
and last updated 2017-10-13 12:38:54-04

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- A worker inside a T-Mobile store in Fort Myers sustained a jolt of electricity while working on an electrical panel Friday.

According to the Iona Fire Department, crews responded to a possible electrocution at a store in the Publix center at the intersection of Gladiolus and McGregor boulevards.

Upon arrival, they found the worker conscious and breathing, and transported him to a hospital for evaluation.

It was determined that the electrician thought that power was turned off to an electrical panel, and when he pulled it off the wall, he was shocked.