FORT MYERS, Fla. --- Drivers can expect road closures in Fort Myers for the Edison Festival of Light Parade starting on Saturday, February 17.
Alternate routes include the Edison Bridge, Fowler Street, Evans Avenue and Veronica Shoemaker Boulevard.
The following roads will be closed beginning at 5 p.m.:
- Cleveland Avenue between Hanson Street and Main Street
- Edwards Drive, closed from Friday at 7pm
- Bay Street between Heitman Street and Lee Street
- First Street between Fowler Street and Lee Street
- Main Street between Cleveland Avenue and Jackson Street
- Monroe Street between Main Street and Edwards Drive closed at 7 a.m.**
- Heitman Street from Bay Street to Edwards Drive closed at 7 a.m.**
- Broadway Avenue between Second Street and Bay Street
- Hendry Street between Main Street and Edwards Drive, closed from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m.**
- Jackson Street between Edwards Drive and Edison Avenue
- Cortez Avenue between Del Rio Drive and Llewellyn Drive closes at 4pm
- Llewellyn Drive between Cortez Avenue and Cleveland Avenue
- Union Street from Hendry Street to Central Avenues
- Liberty Street from Hendry Street to Central Avenue
- Widman Way from Broadway Avenue to Jackson Street
- Hoople Street between Jackson Street and Central Avenue
- Crawford Street between Jackson Street and Central Avenue
- Lafayette Street between Jackson Street and Central Avenue
- Royal Palm Avenue between Bay Street and Thompson
- Lee Street between Edwards Drive and Thompson/Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard between Fowler Street and Heitman Street
- The ramp off of the Caloosahatchee Bridge into downtown Fort Myers and the southbound lanes of traffic will be diverted onto McGregor Boulevard.
- The downtown boat ramp
The parking garages will be open before the parade starts, however, they will close during the parade. Anyone parked in the garages will be unable to exit until the parade is over.