The City of Fort Myers is collecting donations to help victims of Hurricane Michael this week.
The donations will go on to help the citizens of Blountstown, which is located an hour northeast of Panama City.
The city is including the following items: Tarps, diapers, bug spray, first-aid kits, bottled water, hand sanitizer, cash or gift cards, citronella candles, flashlights, batteries, battery-operated fans, personal hygeine items, and non-perishable food items.
All donations can be dropped of at any of the following locations:
- City Hall at 2200 Second Street
- The Skatium at 2250 Broadway
- S.T.A.R.S. Complex at 2980 Edison Avenue
- Fort Myers Police Station at 2210 Widman Way
- Fire Stations at 2033 Jackson Street, 1035 Terry Avenue, 1915 Jefferson Avenue, 4520 Cummins Court, 9700 Treeline, and 3600 S. Shoemaker Boulevard.
The city is accepted donations until October 26th.