CAPE CORAL, Fla. — The Cape Coral Police Department’s Motor Unit will now patrol on 2020 FLHTP Electra Glide iconic Harley Davidson Police Motorcycles.
Since 2015, the Motor Unit has been riding BMW motorcycles for traffic enforcement.
The Harley Davidson Electra Glide comes with added benefits:
- Higher visibility to motorists.
- Availability to add more police lights.
- Lower center of gravity.
- Larger fairing and windshield for wind and rain diversion.
- Officer’s police rifle to be carried enclosed on the motorcycle.
- Made in the USA.
- Three-year factory warranty and maintenance
On Tuesday, Dec. 15, the Cape Coral Police Motor Unit Officers recertified with their new ride on the police motorcycle course, which requires close turns, low-speed maneuvering, quick braking, and excellent balance.