CAPE CORAL, Fla. -- Three people were found dead inside a Cape Coral home Sunday, and police now confirm that carbon monoxide is to blame in an apparent suicide gone wrong.
It happened Sunday afternoon in a home in the 2600 block of NE 2nd Avenue.
According to investigators with Cape Coral Police, someone close to the family walked in and found 3 people dead inside.
Monday, Detectives confirmed carbon monoxide as the cause of death of 30-year-old Amanda Florea, 36-year-old Eric Florea, and 4-year-old Aiden Florea. Their dog also died in the home.
Based on evidence at the scene, detectives believe that Amanda Florea committed suicide by leaving both family cars running in the closed garage, where she was found, and that Eric and Aiden Florea were likely unintentionally poisoned when the carbon monoxide gas infiltrated the living areas of the home.
The investigation is still ongoing.