CAPE CORAL, Fla. — The City of Cape Coral in partnership with Lee Health is opening a mobile COVID-19 specimen collection site that will be located at the Chester Street Resource Center on 4816 Chester Street.
Details for the Cape Coral COVID-19 testing site:
- Beginning Tuesday, June 30 the site is open Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., by appointment only.
- A physician’s order is required and can be obtained through a primary care physician, an urgent care center, or by visiting Lee Telehealth.
- The collection site can be accessed by turning south on Candia Street from Cape Coral Parkway and then west onto Lafayette Street where the queue for the site will form. Cape Coral Police officers will be onsite to provide directions and direct traffic. Please see the attached map.
- Appointments and identification will be verified before testing. Visitors to the testing site should always remain in their car and wear a mask, removing it only while the test is administered. Individuals who do not have a vehicle will also be able to be tested. They must wear a mask and will proceed directly to the Chester St. site where they will check in and wait outside until their turn.
- The site will use a nasopharyngeal swab test that will be administered by Cape Coral Firefighter EMTs and Paramedics. Tests will be processed by Lee Health.
- Results of the tests will be provided to the physician who ordered the test. The physician is then responsible for relaying the results to the individual.
- While individuals who are tested are awaiting results, please follow CDC guidelines and take steps to help prevent the virus from spreading to people in your home and community.
“The City is working to ensure access to testing for our community, testing is critical, and we want to make it more convenient for our residents. This will be a worthwhile partnership with Lee Health. Our brave first responders including police and firefighters will be assisting to expand COVID-19 testing efforts.”