News

Actions

Club Blu victim called for peace two years before being gunned down

"There's too much violence so I want that to stop"
Posted at 3:57 PM, Aug 01, 2016
and last updated 2016-08-02 08:17:19-04

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- The scenes are eerily familiar: gun shots fired, and when the chaos settles young lives are lost.

In October 2014, Andrew Faust was just five years old when a bullet from a drive-by pierced his home. Then a 12 year-old Sean Archilles took to the streets holding a hot pink poster to call for justice.

"I don't want violence in the neighborhood," said Archilles. "There's too much violence so I want that to stop."

He made the bold proclamation standing next to his older brother Dsean. The two, just 12 and 13 at the time, wanted to stop the cycle of violence in their community and the culture of silence that allowed Faust's killers to walk free.

"Stop the violence; break the silence," the boys chanted at a 2014 peace rally.

Tragically, two years later, Sean would lose his life to the same issues he feared.

The 14 year-old was leaving a teen party at Club Blu, when he was gunned down. 18-year-old Stef''an Strawder was also killed.

The shooting left 2 teens dead and at least 18 others injured. Since then only 14 witnesses have come forward.

"Losing somebody isn't easy," said Dsean Archilles, Sean's older brother. "Especially him being my brother it's not an easy thing to live through."

The posters once calling for justice for Faust are now covered with Sean's pictures, and Dsean is forced to continue his brother's push for peace; hoping to bring an end to the violence that has shattered the lives of two more families.

"Revenge isn't an option, taking some body's life isn't an option. They should just go to the cops and tell them what happened, said Archilles."