If you still need to buy school supplies before your kid heads back to school, you'll be happy to know tax free weekend in Florida kicks off Friday.
From August 4th through the 6th, you can save big bucks on items like clothes, shoes and school supplies, including certain computers and computer accessories.
The tax exemption applies to:
• Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item
• Certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item, and
• Personal computers and certain computer-related accessories, selling for $750 or less per item, when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
This sales tax holiday does not apply to:
• Any item of clothing selling for more than $60;
• Any school supply item selling for more than $15;
• Books that are not otherwise exempt;
• Personal computers and computer-related accessories
purchased for commercial purposes;
• Rentals or leases of any eligible items;
• Repairs or alterations of any eligible items; or
• Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment
complex, public lodging establishment, or airport.
The National Retail Federation says the average family will spend more than $500 on back to school supplies.
For a complete detailed list of what's included in the event, CLICK HERE.