7-Eleven reopens after deadly fire

Posted at 11:11 PM, Nov 24, 2015
and last updated 2015-11-24 23:11:06-05
PUNTA GORDA, Fla. -- More than three weeks after an arson torched a Punta Gorda 7-Eleven, killing the teenaged employee on duty, the store is back open for business. 
Eighteen-year-old Kyle Farishian was killed on November 1st inside the store on Bal Harbor Boulevard. 
"We were surprised that happened because  it just seemed like something real personal and out of character for the area," Matt Hewston, who lives near the 7-Eleven, said. 
Regulars like Hewston were glad to see the store back in business. 
"I live right up the street it's very convenient, so we're happy that it's open," he said. 
One neighbor said she's concerned the store is still open 24/7. 
She has increased security of her home in light of this case. 
Other neighbors like Daniel Avenancio don't mind the store's hours. 
Avenancio said his son used to work at the 7-Eleven. 
"He worked late nights also, and he never had any problems with it," he said. 
7-Eleven increased security at the store. Staff is now receiving enhanced training and high-tech security cameras are being installed inside. Two employees will now be working the overnight shift together. Farishian was working alone overnight when he was found dead. 
Despite the positive changes, Kyle's dad Mark Farishian is still angry, saying it's unacceptable someone as young as his 18-year-old son was working alone that late at night. 
He says he'll do whatever it takes to get the rules changed in his son's name. 
The search still continues for the suspect in this case. The surveillance images were taken just moments before the crime was committed. 
Just a week after Farishian's death, a warrant was served at a home on Deborah Drive as part of the investigation. 
Four in Your Corner's Lisa Greenberg knocked on the door to talk to the person inside about the search, but he shouted through the door "no comment please." 
Punta Gorda Police say they're waiting on evidence being analyzed from the FDLE crime lab, and are working many leads in the case.