Throwing back a different craft brew every night in December should make waiting for Christmas Day a bit easier.
If the Beer Advent calendar is a go, what you’ll get is a big heavy-duty cardboard box with 24 independently opening lids. One for each day, eh? It takes a minute to assemble, and is collapsible for easy “off-season” storage. And it holds most 12-ounce bottles as well as 12- and 16-ounce cans. Each silo/slot holds one beer for each day. Here’s what the prototype looks like:
The Kickstarter page also provides some helpful ways to enjoy your Beer Advent Calendar:
• Have your spouse or significant other fill your calendar, so each day is a surprise to you. Better yet, fill one for your spouse!
• Give a full calendar as a gift for a beer enthusiast who has it all. Have them count how many beers they haven’t had before!
• Organize a beer exchange with six or more friends. Each person brings four different six-packs of beer and their own Beer Advent Calendar, then swap beers to fill each calendar with 24 different beers.
• Have the salesperson at your local craft beer store curate and fill your advent calendar.
• Organize an all homebrewed calendar with your local homebrewing club.
• Fill a Beer Advent Calendar for a craft beer newbie. It’s a great way for them to explore the wide range of craft beers available without buying a full six-pack of each beer.