FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Harry Chapin food bank is receiving non-perishable food donations, clean up supplies, and paper supplies at two sites. They're also distributing food across Southwest Florida this week.
Dropoff sites are:
- Fort Myers Distribution Center--3760 Fowler Street at 9am-3 pm, Monday-Friday
- Naples Warehouse, 3940 Prospect Avenue, Number 101 at 10 am-2pm, Monday-Friday
They are distributing food through their mobile pantries, which moves locations each day. They do not distribute prepared meals, but canned fruit and vegetables, pasta and fresh produce and bread. Their schedule for this week includes these stops:
- Tuesday, Sept. 26
- 4 to 6 p.m.: Pinecrest Elementary School, 313 9th St., Immokalee
- 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.: Lehigh Acres Middle School, 104 Arthur Ave., Lehigh Acres.
- Thursday, Sept. 28
- 10 to noon: Sacred Heart Church, 211 W. Charlotte Ave., Punta Gorda
- 4 to 6 p.m.: Harns Marsh Elementary, 1800 Unice Ave. N., Lehigh Acres
- Friday, Sept. 29
- 10 a.m. to noon: Harlem Academy, 944 Harlem Academy Ave., Clewiston
- Saturday, Sept. 30
- 9 to 11 a.m.: Omega Community Health Forum, Dunbar High School, 3800 Edison Ave., Fort Myers