LEE COUNTY schools will reopen tomorrow, Thursday, Nov. 12. Secondary schools will operate on an odd-day schedule as planned. District officials will assess areas of flooding early in the morning to determine if flooding poses a safety risk for students and provide updates as needed.
CHARLOTTE COUNTY Schools will be open on Thursday, Nov.12. Any activities scheduled for Thursday can proceed as scheduled.
UPDATE 11/11/20 School Closures
Here's the current list of all school closings/ early dismissals on Wednesday, November 11th, due to Hurricane Eta.
- Charlotte County Public Schools
- Babcock Ranch Neighborhood School
- Lee County Schools have announced they will have an early dismissal, three hours early. DISMISSAL TIMES: ( High School - 10:35 am, Elementary - 11:10 am or 12:10 pm, Middle School - 1:00 pm )
- Gateway Charter School will follow Lee County School District. Parents can pick up children between now and 12 noon. Aftercare will not be provided.
- Gateway Charter Middle & High School will be dismissed at 11:30 am.
- North Fort Myers High School will be dismissing school early TODAY (November 11, 2020) at 10:35 am.
- The Lee County School District says buses in the areas of Sanibel and Matlacha are experiencing delays due to bridge closures. All bus riders will be delivered safely, but do expect delays.