Fire crews have spent the day battling fires across southwest Florida.
As of this morning, the following update was released:
- Avian Complex Fire in Big Cypress National Forest Preserve: 42,000 acres and 16 percent contained
- Buzzard Fire: 31,000 acres and 20 percent contained
- Flamingo Fire: six thousand acres and 13 percent contained
- Curlew Fire: 4,500 acres and 0 percent contained
And in Lehigh Acres, a brush fire broke out near Avis Avenue and Beck Street Tuesday afternoon. At last check, the fire was 80 percent contained and 100 percent controlled. Despite the proximity, no homes were damaged and nobody was injured.
That fire was the fourth to break out Tuesday, the Lehigh Acres fire chief said.
While fire dangers are slightly down compared to yesterday, they certainly aren't low.
Counties are seeing the following risk levels:
- DeSoto, Charlotte, Lee and Collier Counties: Very High
- Glades County: High
- Hendry County: Moderate