LEE COUNTY, Fla. -- The office of Florida Governor Rick Scott announced Wednesday that an additional $3 million in relief money will be paid to counties affected by red tide.
The Florida Department of Environmental Protection is providing the funding.
In total, DEP is providing funding to support efforts in the following counties:
- $750,000 for Manatee County
- More than $190,000 for Collier County
- Nearly $100,000 for Sarasota County
- A total of $2 million for Lee County
- $700,000 for Martin County
"As we provide this funding, VISIT FLORIDA and the Department of Economic Opportunity are continuing to support impacted businesses. We will continue to do everything we can to support the communities and businesses impacted by red tide,” says Governor Scott.