NewsState

Actions

Deputies: Man made bomb threat to avoid work

WFTX-Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 1:42 PM, Apr 25, 2020
and last updated 2020-04-25 13:42:19-04

Authorities say a Florida construction worker called in a bomb threat to a water treatment facility to get a day off work. The Palm Beach Post reports that 36-year-old Richard Hamilton was arrested Thursday and charged with making a bomb threat.

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says more than 20 people evacuated Wellington’s water treatment plant shortly after the threatening 911 call around 7 a.m. Thursday. Hamilton had been working with a construction crew at the facility and later told deputies that he made the threat because he was having a bad day and didn’t want to work.